12 Signs To Tell If You Have Not Moved On
Often, we think we have moved on but we haven’t. Thinking you have moved on and having really moved on are two separate situations altogether. In the former, you continue to live under the shadow of that person or relationship without realizing it. You think you have been liberated but truth is you are still living in a mental prison as you keep thinking about the person and past memories. This prevents you from receiving new things in your life.
Read Also : 9 Steps To Heal a Broken Heart
For you to move on, you have to first know whether you have moved on or not.
Here are 12 signs to tell if you have not moved on:
- When you think of the person more often than not.
- When you think about him/her even though you don’t want to.
- When you keep mentally reliving past memories with him/her, usually the happy/sweet ones.
- When he/she comes to mind the first instant when you are down and out.
- When you still have questions and resignations about the past. You wonder what could have been or why didn’t it turn out a certain way.
- When you assign blame for the way things turned out, whether it’s to him/her, yourself or the circumstance.
- When thought/sight of him/her trigger certain emotional reactions, such as aversion, anxiety, frustration, resignation.
- When you keep trying to improve yourself because you feel you were not good enough (for him/her).
- When you have a desire to spite him/her, as a way of making him/her regret for whatever happened.
- When you often bring up the person in your conversations, even when there is no relation.
- When you have a desire or urge to contact him/her even though you previously told yourself you didn’t want to.
- When you find yourself living out the same looping patterns.
A very common example would be on-again, off-again relationships with that person. Or a lingering state of relationship that doesn’t get anywhere. Even if you are with other people, if the relationships act out in the same pattern as the past, it reflects you have not moved on. There’s a part of you entrenched in the past which is making the same situation reenact itself, just with a different person.
How To Know When You Have Moved On?
Quite simply, if none of the 12 signs stated above in this article apply to you, that means you have moved on. Once you do, a life of new beginnings and opportunities await you on the other side. Almost automatically, new things will start flowing into your life.